"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

October 7, 2010

I love them. I reeeeeally really do.

Asher is such a sweet baby.
He always wants to help me.
Today there was some "O" cereal all over the floor in the living room. Yes, Noah!
Anyway, I got the vacuum out and Asher went for the broom saying "help, help".
He "swept"  saying "help, help" while I vacuumed.
Yesterday I was unloading the dishwasher and all that I had left to put away was the silverware.
Something on the computer pulled me away.
While I was on the computer I hear "cling" "clang".
Asher who is not tall enough to put the silverware in the drawer where it goes was throwing it in and making practically every shot.
He likes to grab wipes and "help" me when I'm changing his diaper.
He also grabs one after  the change and wipes his bum over his pants for good measure.
He likes to clean things.
He will point for a paper towel. I give him one and then he is off wiping things down (including his nose).
He calls his little stuffed money poop.
If you ask him the monkey's name he'll say "poop" and than usually "toot". I don't know.
He loves to help stir when I'm baking (which has been a lot lately)
He drinks green smoothies with me.
When he has an ouchie he knows to grab the lavendar essential oil and a band aide.
The band aids are usually Diego (got them for free) so he'll sing " eeeeeeaaaaago"
He also like to sing "Bob builder"
He never watches T.V. he doesn't like it but Noah does so he hears it.
He sleeps in my bed with me.
He's had a rough week with therapy. He is suppose to be able to put his arm down by his side by now but that's not happening.
He won't let it down for the most part but that's on top of tight muscles.
I have made an appointment at Shriner's to get the pediatric occupational therapist there.
He loves chocolate. I bribed him with gherardelli milk chocolate chips so he would get in the jogging stroller this evening. he says "mmmmmmmmmmmmmm" when something is good.
When he sees a picture of himself  or the video on the blog he says, "babies"
When he decides he wants a drink, instead of swallowing what he's got in his mouth, he spits it out. I don't know.
When his brace is off and he's nervous about doing his exercises and/or crying he says "bace, on"
Something he says often is "pants on" cause he's so skinny and his pants will fall down. I see him every now and than trying to walk while holding his pants up. other times the pants have fallen to the floor and he yells from where he stands, "pants on! pants on!"
If you're eating he likes to share.
and share he does.
When he's asking for something (like yesterday I made some gluten free chocolate muffins) he says, "ont" for "I want". I gave him a muffin and he looked at me and no lie he said, "two" so I gave him another.
He took one into Noah who said, "nank you"
He did the same with a sucker.
He really is sweet and so cute.  

and Noah
he is so funny.
last night while reading scriptures he said, "Jesus is a superhero!"
We said, "yes, he is." 
Today he told me he was going to Jesus' house. I said Ok tell him I said hello.
He likes to grab anything he can find out of the kitchen and make it a spaceship.
a can opener, a steamer, some forks, a baby food processor thing, wooden spoons. you name it.
Now this kid loves to watch movies and anything at nick jr.com
He would watch it all day (i'm sure) if I let him but we set a timer. 
He does a really good job a quoting movies and acting them out. I'm really impressed.
He likes it when we act a long.
He's not much of an eater.
He's very polite and says "please", "nank you" and "excuse me".
He's finally got his colors down (well still a little trouble with purple)
He's still a little nervous about pooping on the potty but has done really well the last few weeks.
He always says just randomly "I like you mommy"
Today the light was shining through one of the windows and Noah had hit the couch or something (can't remember exactly) anyway there were little dust particles floating through the air in the sunshine. He licked his finger, swished it through the air as if he were getting a particle on his finger, put it in his mouth and said, "mmmm, tasty! mommy it's candy. You like candy?" and than repeated the finger licking.
He loves chocolate too and yes, I did bribe him.
Ok, I've got to get these kids off to bed.
I'll save some for another post.

No comments: