"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

July 27, 2009

Puttin' on the ounces!

Things are finally calming down around here a little bit. Asher is starting to eat 5 to 5 1/2 ounces per feeding and he pooped today on his own for the first time in about 2 weeks (no suppository required). He is throwing up way less and when he does throw up it's not as terrible. He weighed in last week at 12 pounds 10 ounces (a 2 ounce gain from the week before). Puttin' on the ounces! My little baby is 6 months now. I can't believe it. Also, I had some pain in my eyes last week (an inflammation of the muscles behind my eyes) which is resolved now after seeing the eye doctor and getting some drops. Trials are WAY better in hind site. It's hard for me to keep up with Noah's new words. He has really just taken off.
So, we bought a soft serve ice cream machine at a yard sale for $5. Below are some pictures of our first time using. it. We also went to a tractor show that Noah loved. They had some big steam tractors and Noah couldn't wait to get to those. He was "choo choo" ing all the way. Well, I have a crying baby in the other room so better end this. Just want to say that my husband is a good man. I had a doctors appt this morning and when I came home he had the boys dressed and the dishes done. Also, I have a new friend. I'll tell you all about it later. Also, I'm back into my emergency preparedness and am excited about canning vegetable from the garden and other things too. a end! (that's how Noah says "the end")



Makes you wanna get a soft serve ice cream maker , eh?

blog <span class=sig" border="0">

2 comments:

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

We are so jealous!! 5 bucks....that's amazing. What ingredients are in soft serve? So glad about Asher puttin' on the ounces!

carrie said...

Totally wish I could come eat some Ice cream with you Erin, or just hang out with you guys, miss you!