"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

December 20, 2012

done with facebook and 2012 in a nut shell

If you haven't noticed, I quit facebook.
felt the need to focus on things that matter most and facebook was not one of them.
So, I hope the people that matter most to me will keep up with my family on this blog.

Here's some catching up.


I spilled some wheat berries when I was transferring them to my bucket. She was right in the middle in no time.


In July (just before she turned 1) she had a spot removed from her head. They said it was fatty mole and had more of chance of becoming cancerous than other moles. They said we didn't have to get it taken off now but could wait a few years. I wanted to do it then so she wouldn't  really remember it and her hair was already short so it wouldn't matter much. Because of everything Asher has gone through I wasn't too nervous about her going under. 


I call it the Harry Potter scar. Now it's mostly covered by hair. After the surgery I buzzed her head with a #5. It was a lot bigger then he explained it would be and then I was expecting. I'm easy though.



I haven't been too good about the kids in the birthday chair. This is Hannah on her 1st birthday. Don't mind the mess...this is erin in real life.




 This picture is just because she's stinkin' cute!


Halloween


Because she's cute!

Ok, there's a little bit on Hannah's first year. She's going to wonder what happened.


this is Asher wearing his floaties for a water balloon fight. He was sure he needed them. 





Oh, did I mention Heath is a teacher, an art teacher.
We go up to the school sometimes and the boys make sculptures and bowls and things. 
this is Asher at the school.


This is Asher with cream cheese all over his face. He was having a snack and apparently he wasn't under close supervision. I asked him why and he said because he wants to be Santa for Halloween.


somebody else wasn't under supervision either. 


The only picture I got of his 6th birthday. Mom of the year right here! How did he get to be 6 anyway!


The boys carving pumpkins on Halloween.


Halloween. Both boys were Batman.


My first raw pie EVER! It was for Thanksgiving and actually pretty good. 


A neighbor was taking care of this for someone. 1960 ish Volkswagen bus. It was pretty awesome.


Heath took me on a date for my birthday. He borrowed a motorcycle. It was just like the good ol' days.

And there's 2012 in a nut shell from my phone. I know lame. I'll have to see if Heath has any good pictures on his phone :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I asked Chris to try to get your address because I wanted to send a note but I'll just do it here instead. I'm forever grateful for you guys sharing the gospel with Chris. Forever.
Your kids look so grown up and your baby girl is very cute.

Heidi Ence said...

Ahh! I love your family! Hannah is so cute! Its good to get to see more of her. She seems more fair haired, super super cute! I love the pictures!