"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

November 26, 2010

A post of Thanks Giving and Thanksgiving.

"My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God's kindness. It will build our testimonies."
-President Henry B. Eyring

This is a favorite song right now. If you know it don't sing it, read it. 

When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, Count your many blessings; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care? Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear? Count your many blessings; every doubt will fly, and you will be singing as the days go by. 
When you look at others with their lands and gold, Think that Christ has promised you his wealth untold. count your many blessing; money cannot buy Your reward in heaven nor your home on high.
So amid the conflict, whether great or small, Do not be discouraged; God is over all. Count your many blessings; angels will attend, Help and comfort give you to your journey's end. 

-Count Your Blessings, pg. 241, LDS Hymnal



I feel like I have a lot to be thankful for. 
This year no black Friday shopping (which in years past have excited me more than Thanksgiving itself - I know, just wrong). 
Yesterday for Thanksgiving it was just our little family.
The first time I have ever cooked Thanksgiving dinner.
We had a whole chicken that we cooked in the crock pot. 
It was as good as it looks. 
Heath did the mashed potatoes. 


He had plans to go to school yesterday in the evening. He didn't go. I'm thankful for that. 
I'm thankful for Heath and all the hard work he does for our family, all the service/time he gives at church, his faith, that he came home from school at a very busy and important time to take care of the kids while I was having a migraine, that he makes the beds practically every day, that he adores me and puts up with my crazy ideas, that he's a good father, that he went trick or treating with us this year, that he encourages me to be better, that he listens to prompting and follows them even when it's not convenient, and that he's funny. I really could go on and on but for the sake of time I'll stop there. I love Heath. 
Some of the potatoes where green right under the skin. Heath insisted they were poisonous.
I'm sure this was an "i'm silly like Andy moment" 
We ate them. I'm glad to report we are all doing well. 
We also had broccoli salad, deviled eggs, rolls, corn, pumpkin pie, and chocolate pie. Remember all gluten-free. 
Here's my pumpkin pie. I had to put a picture because it's only the 2nd pumpkin pie I've ever made but the 1st I've ever made with pumpkin from our garden that WE grew. I'm thankful for gardens.


The scratches on my table are custom. It makes it look vintage. 
Ok, it happened by accident but I don't mind 'em.
I called my mom practically a million times and Heath's mom one time. 
I called for a recipe for the chocolate pie, to see if it's paprika that you put on deviled eggs, I asked questions about pies, about broccoli, about potatoes, and more. She sounded glad to help me every time I called. 
I am thankful for my mom and my mother-in-law.  And also thankful for my dad who is someone I know I can always talk to about emergency preparedness and will always be interested and always (well, almost always) know the answers. and a dad-in-law that is always a voice of reason.
We haven't had snow yet this year (which is surprising) until just a few minutes ago. It's snowing.

I really have so much to be Thankful for.
That my camera is working.


This dude and his wild imagination.




This little guy and all that he's accomplished down to the drool.


and this guys who was truly meant for me.

No comments: