"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

March 22, 2011

Eternal address.

A lady spoke on Sunday about sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
She was talking about missionary work and how we could help others "change their eternal address".

I loved it! Eternal address? I've never heard it put quite like that.
I started to think about my own eternal address and what I wanted it to look like.

Mother: Erin P.
A mansion prepared by my Father
Celestial Kingdom, Heaven

I thought about all the other possible "addresses" in our Father's kingdom.
Some don't seem so bad, some seem rather good and the best...well, makes me want to cry with joy.

Just recently I purchased a few book on being a mother. In one of the books the foreword is done by Sheri  Dew (which I found interesting because she has never married and never had children).
She says, " For mother is the word that will define a righteous woman made perfect in the highest degree of the celestial Kindom, a woman who has qualified for eternal increase in posterity, wisdom, joy, and influence."
I know that Sheri Dew rejoices in this too with the knowledge that everyone will have an opportunity.

That's what I am shooting for. I am a Mother and want to be forever!

Here's to eternal addresses and sharing the gospel to help others with their eternal address.




1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That is a great concept. My friend has a plaque in her home that says "In my Father's house are many mansions, I hope yours is next to mine". I also enjoyed the quote. Gotta love Shari Dew.