"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

March 8, 2011

Asher's good arm, Happy Birthday to my Mom.

It really is time to blog again. So much has happened.
I am now 18 (almost 19 weeks) pregnant. I have my ultrasounds next week.

I had to take little Asher to the ER on Friday.
He fell off a chair and fractured his left arm ("the good arm")
After he fell off the chair, he cried some and then went to sleep.
When he woke up he wasn't using his left arm like he usually does.
Thank goodness we were at a friends house and they were able to watch Noah.
Heath was suppose to be going out of town to New York but come to find out after the trip to the ER the
bus had broken down and they never left (blessing)
I cried almost all the way to the hospital.
I couldn't help but think of all this little guy has gone through.
When we were leaving our friends house he said, "Noah coming?"
I told him that he wasn't and that we would be back for him.
He said, "where going?"
I tried to change the subject and ask him if he would like some french fries or ice cream (I know not the healthiest but remember I was trying to distract him).
but again, "where going?"
I said, "We are going to see the nice doctor."
He started crying and saying, "want to! want to!" while shaking his head no.
I turned the radio on which seemed to calm him.
Then I focused on drying up my tears before we got there.
Hard to do but I did pretty well until they called us back and started asking questions.
My heart hurt for that little boy.

They gave him some pain medicine and then off to x-rays. He got lots of stickers.
there was a T.V. in our room so I laid on the bed with him and propped him up on a pillow.
His little arm was resting by his side not moving much.
He wanted to watch the basketball game.
You see, Asher loves sports. He's a little over 2 but loves sports.
He has thrown a ball for as long as I can remember.
In the nursery they have a little basketball and hoop.
He spends almost all his time shooting  hoops. He really is quite good.
Anyway, we watched the basketball game while nurses came in and out.
The doctor finally came in and said they couldn't see anything in the x-ray which
at first was a relief to me. Then he said, "but kids don't usually act this way unless something is wrong."
He wanted to do another x-ray. After that, he determined there was a little dark spot in the x-ray above his elbow.
They splinted him and put him in a sling and we were off.


We had appointment with the orthopedic doctor on Monday.
They casted him. He picked the color himself.  Noah made it clear that he wanted his to be pink.
Asher was pretty calm.


Then we all went to breakfast.
Asher is two and I don't think we've all ever gone out to eat before.
I think the boys really liked it and breakfast food is my fav.

Asher likes to vacuum for me. He always says, "Help mama?"
He even still does it with only one arm. 

Noah loves doing a robot dance from backyardigans.
He always says, "You wanna see my robot song?"
and for some reason he always needs socks or gloves on to perform.

Today is my mother's birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

My grandfather is not doing so well and will probably not be here much longer.
I think it will be a good thing given his current condition.
He is really blessed to have children that love him and really take care of him.
Having worked with elderly people I know that the elderly are not always taken care of well.

Also, I made this scripture cover.


Don't look too closely I need to brush up on my sewing skills.

Also, here's the next challenge in the Word of Wisdom blog.




1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

So Asher has two lucky fins now? Poor guy. Hope he heals fast! Also, sorry to hear about your grandpa.