"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

May 4, 2010

lately

No takers on motorboat face, eh?
I don't blame you. They are ugly but sooooooo funny!
Well, I made 2 reusable snack bags.
One has a lining made from an organic cereal bag.
Heath wasn't particularly fond of this one because it's a little loud.
Both had organic cotton on the inside
vintage cowboy pattern on the out
I also made a bib clip for Asher. I'm a big fan of rickrack.
planning on making more. maybe one for Noah and one for the diaper bag.
I don't know why the picture looks blue.



I moved my glider upstairs to the boys room.
I had to do some creative rearranging to fit it up there but I like it there.
I like the nap time/bedtime routine to include rocking.
I love to rock my babies.

This semester is almost over.
that means only 1 year left of school.
I can't believe it's going by so fast.
This semester was a tough one.
felt a little like a single mom.
(My understanding of what single moms endure has increased.)
and I kept telling myself to support and encourage Heath
but sometimes I wasn't so good at it.
I broke down a few times and pretty much begged Heath to stay home for a little while.
sometimes I had a bad attitude.
Just wanted to say sorry to Heath.
On Monday's he left for school early 6:30 or 7 ish
then he wouldn't get home until 9 or later.
Heath is in the bishopric and he has meetings on Tuesdays
doesn't get home until 9:30 ish from those (after being at school all day)
Wednesday I have young women at the church and he has young men.
Heath is the "acting" young men's president right now too.
Wednesday we get home at 8:30 ish.
Thursday and Friday's were usually late nights for him too.
I started to look forward to Thursdays and Fridays because we had time in the car together in the morning before I dropped him off at the bus stop and Noah off at school. 
Some Saturdays he had to work and some Saturdays he just needed to go up to school.
Some night he stayed all night up at school to fire a kiln.
Sometimes it can be rough on a relationship and rough on a mom to be with kids 24/7 with no time for herself.
Anyway, I don't want to complain.
We made it.
I just want to say I'm sorry.
Just another story of "the good ol' days" :)

Noah is so funny.
The teachers at school always tell me funny things he does.
and when I picked him up from primary on Sunday they were telling me funny stories too.
I'm trying to think of funny things he's been saying but it's not working out at the moment.
Asher, I think, has a case of gastroenteritis.
Noah had it when he was younger and I took him to the doctor.
Asher is experiencing the same symptoms.
poor guy.
not a happy few days for him.
His MRI is coming up in a few weeks.
I'm trying to prepare myself but I keep imagining them taking him away from me and he's screeming.
I hope I get to be in the room when they actually put him out.

About a week ago I had a crazy day.
Asher needs blood work done before they can do the MRI.
It was Friday.
I picked Noah up from school and we headed to Erie.
There is a lady in Erie that does a great job taking Asher's blood so, yes, I was going out of my way.
We stopped and got some lunch on the way.
I was passing little pieces of food back to Asher and then I could hear him kind of choking on something
so I pulled over (on the highway)
by the time I could get back to him he had thrown up all over himself.
Thank goodness I had done some laundry while Noah was at school and it was in the back.
We got everything cleaned up and continued on our journey.
So, I was headed to Erie and thought I knew exactly where the place was.
turns out I didn't.
I drove around for a little while and then drove to Shriner's because I know how to get there from Shriner's for sure.
So, we finally make it there.
I get the kids out of the car.
but before I got Noah out of the car he climbed in between the front seats and took a drink of my drink.
We got to the door of the LapCorp and turns out it is closed of Fridays.
Man!
So, we go back to the car.
buckle the kids in
and then I head to get in my seat and there is my drink spilled all over.
Continued the rest of the journey sitting on a blanket.
So, I'm backing out and "BANG!" I ran into some kind of concrete something rather.
I started crying. The events of the day were getting a little frustrating.
I still had to go to Target.
I cried from LabCorp to Target.
Noah kept saying "mommy, you ok?" and "I kiss you mommy, I hug you". "you need bambaid?'
He was so sweet.
We got into target, I spilled some cleaner of the floor.
got Noah some Target popcorn which he spilled in the car.
I went to pick Heath up from school on the way home and told Heath he better drive
because I 'm not sure what might happen.


On the way to pick Heath up from all of this, I couldn't help but start to wonder "why me"
what was going on with this day.
I said a prayer.
the words from a talk from the previous Sunday came to my mind.
"Sometimes instead of asking "Why me?" we need to ask, "what can I learn from this?"
So, I asked, "what can i learn from this?"


Then I started to feel grateful.
Grateful that the clothes were in the back of the car so i could change Asher.
grateful that Asher threw up mostly on his clothes and not all over the car seat.
thankful that the drink that was spilled was a light orange color and not grape juice
grateful that the damage to the car was not bad at all for the noise it made.
grateful that we were physically all ok.

It gave me some peace and comfort to look at it all that way.

Anyway, it's true that I'm probably not going to proof read this post too well. Also true that Heath is making awesome pots.



and that my kids are cute.








3 comments:

The Papa's said...

I continue to be amazed at your wisdom & strength. Hang in there, you guys are ALMOST done! Lucky! :) Love ya' & miss you guys!

Michelle said...

Good post!

Heidi Ence said...

Extremely cute kids!

And I understand about feeling single and alone. I would like to say that its been worse for me and harder this semester because I'm pregnant and emotional, but I think I just need more patience. Sometimes I just cry because I miss Deric. And I think that's ok. We have each other my dear! Love you!