"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

May 24, 2010

MRI

It was Friday.
He couldn't eat anything past 1 am.
I fed him a bottle at 1.
He couldn't have juice past 8 am.
I gave him a bottle of juice at 7:30 am.
The appointment was at 9 am
but they didn't take him back until 11 am.
I was worried he would start getting hungry and cry but he didn't...blessed.
I prayed the night before.
I prayed in that waiting area.
The anesthesiologist came in to see if I had questions I said, "no, just take care of my baby."
It was finally time to go back
We went in the room and the anesthesiologist held his head and put a gas mask over his nose and mouth
while I was holding him (thank goodness).
The nurse lady started to hold his arms down mindlessly.
I informed her that his right arm could not reach up to the mask and asked if I could hold his left.
I wrapped his little fingers around mine and brought them to my lips.
His screams turned to crying, crying to whimpering.
His eyes started blinking and finally he was out.
I laid him on the bed.
they told me it was time to leave, I did.
I went out to the waiting room where they said they would come get me in about an hour and a half.
Heath and Noah were waiting there. I had tears in my eyes.
Heath assured me everything would be ok.
I made it very clear more then once that I wanted to be there when Asher woke up.
I'm sure that is standard procedure but I just wanted to make sure they knew.

A thought from Henry B. Eyring kept coming into my mind.
"Through the eyes of faith, confidence replaces fear."
It seemed to play over and over in my mind.
An hour and a half passed by.
I went to the front desk. she called to the back. said it would be another half hour.
At 33 mins I went back to the front desk, she called the back, he was on the way to the recovery room.
It wasn't too long until they came to get me.
I walked in and there he was.
Laying in a little crib, hooked up to an IV, blood pressure cuff on his left leg, O2 monitor on his right big toe.
He was still sleeping.
The nurse said they were going to let him sleep a little longer.



There is something unsettling about seeing your baby like this.
When he woke up he cried some.
He was hungry but it was over.
After a cracker and some juice we were aloud to go.
We'll have to do this at least once more for the scope.
I'll call tomorrow to see if they have results. 



Thanks to all of you that have been fasting and praying for this little guy.
He's so sweet.
We feel so blessed.

It's true that I stayed up way too late watching the Lost finale last night. I know, I said I wasn't watching it anymore. I couldn't help it. Also true that Asher sat up with Heath on the stand at church yesterday and after every prayer you could hear "amen" (at least twice) from Asher throughout the room. So sweet.





7 comments:

Rach said...

Sweet little baby-- I hope all is well. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

Deborah said...

What an angel and a fighter. He looks like he has gained some weight. If I haven't told you I love you and your precious family, I do.

Mom

Becky Hill said...

What a sweet little guy! Hope you get some good news.

Jeff and ReAnn said...

Oh Erin. I hope all is well. Your boys are so full of life and so cute.

Mom's Mail said...

We are thinking and praying for all of you! Keep us posted on the results. Lorene

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

It is scary to let your baby go "under"! At least they let you hold him. I wish I could have held Genesis when they put her out for her surgery. They are resilient, though. He looks bigger in the pictures. I'm glad you had prayer and the gospel to give you some comfort.....something I'm still struggling with. I hope the results bring you answers and solutions! We love you guys!

sexy_rexy said...

that sounds like are sweet little boy. Can you tell ReAnn hello for me please...