"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

April 4, 2011

Easter.

Easter will be here before long and I want this year to be different.
I want my children to understand Christ and his atonement and most importantly that He lives again.
That He is resurrected.
That because He lives again we can too.
That's what Easter is about.
It's not about the eggs (although we'll probably hunt) and not about new clothes (although they have new sweater vests). We do some things for fun or tradition but
I want to put the emphasis on Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

I found some good ways to do this HERE .

And here is a great Easter message by one of my favorite apostles.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I once did an Easter sharing time where I had a bunch of plastic eggs- and each one had an element about the atonement and a scripture. Like one had a piece of our nasty thorny rosebush and we talked about the crown of thorns...and the last one was empty, sygnifying the empty tomb.