"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

August 26, 2010

It's been 4 weeks since our last appointment.
No occupational therapy, no family doctor, no neurosurgeon, no orthopedic surgeon, and no gastroenterologist.
Next Wednesday it all starts up again.
He gets the cast off on Wednesday and he already has an occupational therapy appointment for Thursday.
I must admit the break has been nice.
I'm a little nervous about him getting his cast off.
I know his arm won't be as strong as it was before the surgery but I know it will get stronger.
I think he'll have to maybe learn how to walk again (without the cast)
I can remember when I first noticed his arm.
I was bathing him at 3 weeks old.
His right arm didn't look the same as his left and his left shoulder looked smaller.
I kept watching it and noticed he didn't move it as much as the left.
I called Heath crying
You always think that your baby will be perfect.
I didn't even want to look at it at first.
I was anxious about it. mostly the unknown.
But for the record, that kid is like Mary Poppins. Practically perfect in every way.

Anyway, Donna and Gary live across the street and they have a little granddaughter named Claira.
We watch her on occasion and Noah just loves her.
We had her and her sister over this morning to eat breakfast with us.
She let us know that she was going to marry Noah.
I'm pretty sure that was ok with him.
Last night we went across the street to roast hot dogs and smore's.
Claira was there and she has long, blond hair with little ringlets on the bottom.
She was trying to eat her hot dog and her hair was in her way.
Heath pulled it back for her and asked for a hair tie.
This morning he did the same while she was eating her breakfast.
It was so cute. He asked me for a "hair thing", put her hair back in a low ponytail and even put her little wispies behind her ears. so cute.
Heath keeps saying all he wants is boys. While I wouldn't mind that, it appears that he'll need at least one little princess.

Noah starts school in a few weeks.
He'll be riding the bus.
I'm a little nervous but after visiting the school on Tuesday and finding out how everything works, I feel more at ease. 
We bought him a big boy backpack.
My baby is growing up.


This is Noah the other day when we went on the boat.


The other day it was a loud ride in the car. There was whining, screaming, and boo hooing. Heath says in a somewhat frustrated voice,"Everybody take a deep breath and hold it!" Kind of glad the kids didn't get it. And that concludes this posts portion of "Heath Says".

It's true that Asher got me good with his cast. Not the first time but the first time he left a bump and a bruise. It was right on the bridge of my nose. ouch!


No comments: