"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

July 28, 2010

The cast.

Everyday we get a little more comfortable with the cast.
Heath and I with picking him up and holding him.
Noah with being careful with him.
He is getting more comfortable walking with it. We found that if he falls he usually doesn't get hurt.
It's like body armor really.
He climbed the stairs today.
I was behind him for one of the times and the other time he was sneaky and made it pretty much
all the way before I caught him.
Today he was able to go from sitting on the ground to standing and pick something up without falling on his bum.
We went to Sister Bonks memorial service today. It was nice.
I didn't cry but almost had to keep myself from smiling.
There were pictures there that caught her personality and it made me happy.

My brother called yesterday. Said he felt impressed. Glad he did.

A sweet conversation -
Asher fell
Noah: Asher, you OK?
Asher: OK

It was simple and short and I think you had to actually be there or be the mother to understand all it's sweetness.



It's true that Asher gets called smash, smashy,  and smasher. He responds to all. Also true that my kitchen is a disaster and I have over 40 cucumbers that need to be pickled. Yep, good luck!

2 comments:

sexy_rexy said...

pour little Asher. we know how he feels.love you all and miss you guys...

5fords said...

oh little guy, but he does look so cute. What wonderful parents you guys are. Miss you.