"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

June 11, 2009

An update on Asher's arm and Jaundice

Here are some pictures and a video of Asher moving his right arm. This is my first attempt at a video so it's not awesome but you can tell what's going on. I wish I had done some in the beginning so you could really see how much it has improved.  The doctor said Asher is doing well and making good progress. He said there is a good chance for him to get full movement of his arm and that it would probably take about a year to resolve. 


The jaundice has improved. The results came back from the blood test and his billiruben score is 1.4 which they say is within a normal range so he doesn't have Gilbert's disease.  Also, Asher is a little guy. Yesterday at his appointment he weighed 11 pounds 10 ounces (he's 4 month's old now) that's the 1 percentile for weight. The doctor said that it's good that he's on the chart and that his length is good (36th percentile) and his head measurements are good (26th percentile). He's a skinny guy. The doctor wants to check on him in a month.  I think I'll start some rice cereal soon to bulk this little guy up. My mom said I was a skinny baby so there you have it. 

5 comments:

Jack Attack said...

that is good news. Jack has always been on the small side of things-b/n 3-5% on the charts since birth in all categories. It's just a numbers game and I never worry about it unless he takes a dip. you just can't compare him to other kids. some kids are just blessed with the skinny gene.

Becky Hill said...

AWEEE he is so cute, mason was always really skinny too and i tried everything to fatten him up but thats just his genes i guess.

The Papa's said...

Yay!!! Good news!!! We are so glad. He is such a cutie. =0)

mk said...

Look at him!! So sweet, Erin! I looks fabulous and he's got some pretty sweet cheeks for being a skinny guy.

mk said...

Okay, "I" do looks fabulous, but I really meant HE looks fabulous. Wow.