"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

June 5, 2009

S'more please! Also, somebody help me potty train this kid.




Ok, so we have a really cool fire pit in our backyard. Heath and Noah started a fire last night and we made s'mores.  We didn't have any skewers or even metal hangers so we used sticks with the bark shaved off the tops. Heath promised we wouldn't die.  So far so good. 

GAME ON!  I'm seriously ready for Noah to be potty trained. The poopy diapers have always made Heath want to spew but now man, ... I'm done! Please, I need some tips.  I'm not even sure how to start. 

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Check with Melissa about potting training. Analise was trained in ONE day.

sexy_rexy said...

I told steve that he was going to have to potty train the boys in are family that is if we ever have any...get a little potty for him and put it next to yours, and have him go all the time with heath just to sit. then he will relise why it is there for.

Unknown said...

Okay I am not an expert but this really does work! Take a day and devote it to potty training but make it really fun for him! Take all his toys and lots of crackers (this will make him thirsty) and water into a place (outside or in the kitchen) where it isokay to have accidents! Have him either be naked on the bottom or put underwear on (but to me that seems silly b/c then you have to do extralaundry) andeventually they have potty out in the kitchen and they atart using it! the biggest help is that you can't get mad when they have an acident but really throw a party when thy go in the potty! When I say devote your day I mean it... no one else can have you timw that day! It works and then the other bit of advice is be okay with staying home for the first week.... let me know how it goes!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

I just have one thing I've learned from the potty training. Be diligent. If you start, don't stop. It is even harder when you start up again and it takes longer. So make sure you are really really ready and stick with it!

Mindy Blake said...

i wish i had some! brock is going to be 4 in oct and he is just now going on the potty and kenzy (3 in nov) isn't even interested other than to play in the toilet water **GAG** my fried got on and downloaded the 3 day potty technique and she had great success especially since the download cane with support if you needed it. good luck my friend and welcome to the life of cleaning up accidents, well at least until he is done potty training :) Love and miss you guys!