"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

February 3, 2011

Asher's birthday and other stuff, too.

It's true that it's been a little while. I've been posting mostly pictures.
It's also true that I can't recall the exact date in which I last washed my hair,
there are mini marshmallows in my bathroom sink , and
Asher watered my aloe with his milk yesterday.
Also, I'm pregnant.
I don't think I actually put that on my blog yet.
I'm 14 weeks, Due August 4th.
I've been so tired and a lot more nauseated than my other pregnancies.
Although, I shouldn't complain because my sister-in-law is pregnant and feeling a lot worse.
Noah is 4, Asher is 2 and I think he's feeling it.
I think we are seeing some of what might be called the "terrible two's"
terrible fits. He tries to make himself throw up when I try to ignore them but thankfully
he hasn't been successful.
I think a lot of his frustration comes from the desire to be so independent but the inability to become so.
Asher talks a lot. Says lot of words (too many to list), says 3 and 4 word sentences, says please and thank you.
He doesn't cry when you put him in the corner and he's stubborn.
He's got a funny personality and likes to make people laugh.
His arm is doing well.
We see an occupational therapist 2 times a week still.
His right arm is still smaller and I think will always be but he uses it more naturally and without hesitation.
He does really well when the therapist stretches his arm out. So much better then it use to be.
Although he hasn't gained much weight (still weighs a little over 20 pounds) he's grown taller and his head is getting bigger
and our doctor doesn't seemed to be concerned.
I try not to be too concerned either.
Over Christmas vacation he did get sick for a week and was throwing up a lot.
I admit I worried. The kid doesn't have a lot in reserve.
We have been lucky this winter to be pretty healthy. What a blessing.
Noah's speech has improved a ton. He sees a speech therapist 2 times a month.
Noah always says (pointing to my stomach), "I like your baby" last Sunday it was followed by, "but he doesn't have any church clothes."
Noah thinks it a boy and Asher thinks there are 5 babies in there and they're girls.
Noah's baby name suggestion is baby Jesus. Asher has suggested Apple and Claira.
Noah is pretty well potty trained. It took a little while to get him to go #2 by himself.
It was cold the other day our water pump was frozen. I had to put a heater by it so we could get some water.
and Despicable Me is probably the best movie ever.
Heath is doing well.  I guess a little stressed out right now.
This is the last semester of grad school.
We have no idea where we'll be headed after this but I hope it's close to family.
Also, Heath and I went on a date last Thursday. Almost a little weird just because it's only the 2nd in 3 years.
We are trying to make that a regular thing.
Well, I guess this is all for now. Here are some pictures from Asher birthday party.




1st Birthday




2nd Birthday



Noah's present (a train whistle)

I have to admit it wasn't much of a birthday party. It was just us, no cake, just ice cream. I so did not feel good. I brought the presents down in a blanket and it was kind like a birthday Santa. The boys didn't seem to mind.


I told Asher to show me his belly. I know it doesn't look very big but I think it actually stick out a little. You can see that the muscles in his right arm are getting bigger. Anyway, Happy Birthday to Asher. 



1 comment:

Matt and Anna Hone said...

Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you and your family!!! Miss you tons!