"Come what may, and love it!......Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." ~ Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

September 22, 2010

It could be celiacs and I wanna be a loser.




So, some things might be changing around here.
Heath just got blood taken yesterday to see if he has celiacs disease (gluten intolerance).
Basically we're pretty sure he has it.
He has a lot of the same symptoms his Dad and sister had before they stopped eating gluten.
A little while ago I made cheese enchiladas with whole wheat tortillas and I added wheat germ (which was optional in the recipe). So basically gluten on gluten mixed with gluten.
Heath was up for two hours during the night sick. Sick as a dog. He describes it as battery acid.
I'll let you figure it out from there.
I did some research today.
It started with what kind of food storage can you have for someone with celiacs.
I know, I'm a geek.

Also, I'm in a biggest loser competition.
Last week I lost 5 pounds which made me the biggest loser for the week.
I have immunity for next week as long as I don't gain.
I really really really couldn't believe it because the week before I only lost 2 lbs. and there were people losing like 10 lbs.
Anyway, I'd like to lose about 20 more pounds.
Aaaaaaaaaaanyway

I went running Tuesday but was stopped and told I should turn around because there was a bear.
A bear?...yep, definitely turning around.

Asher has occupation therapy 3 times a week.
His arm and shoulder seem to be getting stronger all the time and I'm just amazed.
He really likes to have his splint on. He's pretty nervous without it.

It's true that Asher dances like his grandpa Papa.

Anyone else gluten free?

3 comments:

Becky Hill said...

My mom has celiac and im pretty sure i do too but im putting off getting tested cause i really love my gluten ha ha. But almost all walmart brand stuff is gluten free and says so in big print. Also Wingers and Outback have Gluten free menus...but you probably already knew that, ha. good with everything!

Elizabeth said...

I know a bunch of people with gluten issues. My friends from CT came to visit the other weekend and I had to accomodate their gluten intolerance...it actually wasn't too hard. There's a lot of resources on the net, I'll have to find out from my friends what they use and pass it on.

Unknown said...

I love your blog, you guys are awesome!

GF, that's me! I found out when I was prego with the twins. It's getting easier now, GF is everywhere! (that you Oprah!)

Bette Hagman writes a few GF bread cookbooks that are pretty good. My Moms been baking GF for 5 years, making bread 1-2 times a week and she still has days when it doesn't turn out right. Best of luck with everything!