There is an article in my magazine this month titled "39 Things Every Mom Should Know". I just wanted to share a few of my favorites.
2. Don't make birthday parties a huge deal.
4. Put Band-Aids on everything your kids want you to. Why not?
6. Just throw away the poopy underwear.
8. Teach your kids not to pee outside unless you're camping - you'll be glad you did. But if other people's kids do it, don't judge the parents too harshly - it's all about karma. (if you're in the midst of potty training, all bets are off. You've gotta do what you've gotta do.)
12. Know this: that stain won't come out. And it's okay. (The sooner you accept this, the better.)
15. Answer the question: What is the worst thing that can happen if your kids sleep in their clothes?
18. Teach them to pump on the swing ASAP.
19. If your child falls asleep occasionally without brushing her teeth, don't wake her; baby teeth do eventually fall out.
23. Teach your children to make their own breakfast - and allow enough time so the can do it without pressure.
28.Do not allow the word wienies in your home.
33.Just say "NO" to any toy or doll that comes with packets that have to be mixed with water
35.Don't buy the most expensive school-picture package. It's a waste of money.
37.You're never too old to dress up and decorate your house for Halloween. And it's more fun for everyone if you are into it. It also entitles you to more candy.